Wednesday, July 31, 2013

QR Codes in the Classroom

Many of you have asked me, "what exactly are QR codes, and how can I use them in my classroom?" First of all, QR stands for Quick Response-which is exactly how we should use it in the classroom.  Students love immediate feedback in math (or any other subject), and QR codes provide that for them.  Last fall I went to the GaETC conference in Atlanta, GA and one of my favorite speakers, Tony Vincent, lectured on using QR codes in the classroom. Here is his video, as well as some resources for QR codes in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I recently downloaded a QR creator app on my iPad. I used it to make a sheet of QR Codes for the websites and resources we want our 6th graders to use. The majority of our students bring their own technology devices to school to use. They love accessing websites through the QR codes. I have found that students who previously were reluctant to access our class website or other online resources are more willing to because it is quick, easy, and fun to use.

    ReplyDelete

Enter your comment...